Food Service

"Stevenson-Carson School District is an equal opportunity provider"

Breakfast is served at all schools. It includes a daily choice of hot entrée or cereal with low fat muffin, juice and milk.

Free and reduced lunch forms can be picked up and returned at all schools.

Meal money can be deposited into your child's account in the office. Please make sure your child has adequate funds available for their meals. Accounts are not allowed to go into a negative balance.

Students who have food allergies must bring a note to school from his/her doctor or medical authority stating the child's allergies.

Students with Milk Allergies

The Stevenson-Carson School District may substitute another beverage for students with a disability or life threatening illness to include an anaphylactic milk allergy.

Students with a life threatening illness must submit a diet prescription signed by a licensed physician (not an approved medical authority) clearly stating what type of beverage to substitute.

For students with a non-life threatening condition, the Stevenson-Carson School District will provide lactose-free milk as a substitute. Students must have a diet prescription signed by an approved medical authority on file with the district.

SCSD provides an “offer-vs-serve” style of meal service, which allows students to decline up to two items from the lunch menu. Students may decline the beverage.

Diet prescriptions must be renewed annually

USDA has determined that SCSD is unable to carry over diet prescriptions from previous years and "grandfather" them in. Students need to have a new diet prescription signed by a licensed physician or an approved medical authority on file each school year. Download the form here.

For questions regarding diet prescriptions, contact Chris Youngren, Food Service Supervisor, 509-427-5674.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual'sincome is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [email protected].
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.